Dixon Chain Link Fences
I searched all over for chain link fences for my The Walking Dead prison but couldn’t find the perfect set so I made these for myself — a regular fence, single gate, double gate, and a barbed wire fence. I named these after a character on the show. Maybe you guys will find these useful for your own building projects.
- Basic Fence, Single Gate, and Double Gate are merged into one .package
- Barbed Wire Add-on requires the fence set (textures are linked to it!)
- The basic fence and two gates have two recolorable channels, the barbed wire fence has three channels.
- The shadows for the gates appear solid. It’s a game thing. I don’t think there’s a way to fix it.
- *Sometimes the posts on the barbed wire fence fade when zoomed in too close because it’s tall and the game treats it like a big object (like trees). Not a big deal.
DOWNLOAD: Chain Link Set + Barbed Wire Add-on (.rar, 262 kb)
Its no an expansion, but I’m trying to compile lists of things that are farm related from both custom content and Sims 3 Store sets.
Sims 3 Store Content for Farming:
- Grandpa’s Grove (venue) which contains Grandpa’s Grove Tractor (premium content)- the tractor is needed to be able to grow oranges.
- Farm Fresh Folk Set (set) which contains Milkin’ It Dairy Corral (premium content) - allows you to get milk from cows.
- Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop (premium content) now found in April 2013 Compilation (set) - allows you to get eggs from chickens.
- SwiftGro Gardening Station (premium content) from Stones Throw Greenhouse (venue)
- Humble Harvest Stands (premium content) from Al Fresco Street Market (venue)
- Bohemian Fruits and Nuts (premium content) harvestable plants from Bohemian Garden (set)
In order to cook some of those things you might want to consider getting additional store content:
- Baker’s Station (premium content) from Deliciously Indulgent Bakery (venue)
- Wood Fire Oven (premium content) - which is required to make some of the recipes from the baking set- from Monte Vista (world)
- It’s Business Time Industrial Oven (premium content) from the Business as Usual Bistro (venue)
- Farm Conversion by Infusorian- decorative animals: pig, piglet, cow, hen, and chick
- Various decorative animals, furniture made from hay, barrels of apples, ducks, donkeys, etc from rebecah on TSR.
- Shed and Rabbit by Helen at Sims New- decorative rabbits and a hutch for them.
- Garden Decor at Around The Sims - rakes, wheelbarrows, watering cans, etc
- JDS3~Farmers’ Market Signs by Dropsi1986 at TSR
- Sleeping Fields - Grass and Wheat by aikea_guinea at Club_Crimsyn
- Garden Clutter 001 - Crop Wheat by apple at TSR
- Bunk Bed Hay Loft by beo2010 at TSR
- Hay Bale and Hitching Post by Syren at The 13th Sim
- Fresh Country Farm House (lot) by ruthless_kk at MTS
- The Farmer’s House (lot) by -Shady- at MTS
- Industrial Tanks and Silos (decor set) by Cyclonesue at TSR- has grain silos and such
- Tractor (vehicle) by ruhrpottbobo at TSR - I think it is a working vehicle but am not certain
- Pumpkin Patch (decor set) by sim_man123 at TSR- it includes a pitchfork and jack-o-lanterns.
- Country Cottage Decor Milk Can (decor) by wofspryte at TSR- part of the Country Cottage Bedroom set
- Farm Wheat (decor) by carlosfilipepedro at TSR
- Happy Halloween Apple Barrel (decor) by Apple at TSR
- Farm Hay Wagon (decor) by carlosfilipepedro at TSR - hay bales can be put inside of it so it is sort of a surface as well.
- Farm Hay Bales for Wagon (decor) by carlosfilipepedro at TSR
- Farm Old Water Tower (decor) by carlosfilipepedro at TSR
- Simple Wooden Slatted Gate for Large Fences by sim_man123 at TSR
- Oil drums (decor) by BlooMbLURR at TSR - cloned from garden gnome so they can be kicked over
- MajikGoldys Barrel Cart (decor) by MajikGoldy at TSR
- Patrick Bedroom Tractor (decor) by Living Dead Girl at TSR - looks like a wooden toy
- Folk Art Animal Collection 2 by jezebel_the_nun at TSR - wall art of chickens, sheep, cows, and a pig
- S66 - Farmhouse Chicken Painting Set by shadow66 at TSR
- Animal Collection - Horses (decor) by jadepanther198303 at TSR - paintings
- Harvest Terrain Set (terrain paint) by apple at TSR
- Farming clutter set (decor) by AnoeskaB at TSR
- Redbud Show Grounds from Cloudwalkersims- lot, poses, decor, furniture, and clothing. Includes decor horse trailers.
- Barbed and Chickenwire Fences by Cyclonesue at TSR
Didn’t even know it existed till this message. Looks nice, but I personally have not seen any retextures of it.
Bah. That was me asking the question. Tumblr sometimes randomly logs me out when I go to put a message in the Ask box and I don’t always look to see if it put my name or anon.
In the screenshots that hair looks very nice, but in the game the texture is odd on the hair that is being pulled back. There are vertical lines that mess it up.
Other than the texture and the little bits of hair hanging over the shoulder, I really like this one since it lets the ears be shown for Sims that wear small earrings. I have a hard time finding center-part hair that doesn’t cover the ears or hang over the shoulders.
Do you know of good tutorials on retexturing hair? I’d like to learn how to at least do some basic editing to maybe shorten or clean up hair for my own use as well as how to fix textures if I don’t like them. Although I’ll probably suck at when I begin.
Thanks for replying!
No more requests after today(Currently 3:31pm). I’ve got a metric ass ton. Also, Hiatus time after this big ole batch is taken care of. I’ll do some new releases every now and then, but no requests . It’ll be purely what I feel like doing.
Just need a breather from all this Sims stuff.
LOL. Of course I just now find your blog and was thinking of requesting something, but I completely understand. It’s all about having fun. :-)
I do love the stuff you’ve already done.
BASE GAME & SUPERNATURAL DEFAULT/BGC REPLACEMENTS
Underneath all that crud there are some pretty cute garments that get overlooked due to the aforementioned crud, so I got rid of it along with the plastic shine and really like the outcome.
DEFAULT .PACKAGE (belong in overrides folder)
BGC .PACKAGE & .S3P (for those of you without Supernatural or who want to keep the originals)
Updated to include base game compatible versions as per request!
A small gift. Illuminated clouds on a string. Four sizes. Three re-colorable channels.
*Tips: When using more than one, set intensity to dim. Try experimenting with different lighting colors. I used cyan, orange, and magenta in the above picture.
- Sims will walk THROUGH these. Yes, they will literally have their heads in the clouds. It looks silly, but it was better than causing routing issues when using too many, or using in a crowded room.
- These are cloned from a floor lamp, but disguised as ceiling lamps. This was done so they don’t fade when zooming in. Other than that, they behave like ceiling lamps.
- 488 - Small, Medium, Large
- 584 - XL
TOU: Don’t claim as your own, and don’t upload to pay sites. You may modify or use as base for a new creation, just no pay sites, please.
Memories. The day the maple tree’s roots came up through the wringer washer ~ you know, the one you used an old wooden spoon to feed the clothing through its rollers? The clanking sound of the elem…
Carolina Kitchen Set
Full Height Cabinet
Full Height Cabinet for Ovens
Cooker Vent Hood Cabinet
Cooker Vent Hood
Refrigerator Side Cabinet
Dining Table (Goes being Island Counter Top, use dining chairs to eat at table ) (Table Updated Click Here to download )